- Enjoy your Aquarium without huge summer crowds.
- Show off a local hot spot to your holiday visitors.
- Burn off the eggnog and cookies with a stroll around the Aquarium grounds and gardens.
- See how Luna, our rare albino alligator, keeps warm during the holidays.
- Compare baby sharks in Shadows on the Sand with the mature sharks in Cape Fear Shoals.
- Enjoy an exotic getaway without leaving Wilmington in our Exotic Aquatics exhibit, which includes lionfish, poison dart frogs and huge spiny lobsters.
- Take a Behind the Scenes or Extended Behind the Scenes tour and explore more of the Aquarium and watch sharks and rays feed.
- Catch a glimpse of our new octopus. (A change in the physical exhibit forced a delay in the octopus's debut. We will keep you posted.)
- Take your time at the touch tank meeting horseshoe crabs, stingrays, sea stars and anemones.
- Discover just how large North Carolina's fiercest predator, pre-historic Megalodon, really was.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Top 10 reasons to visit the Aquarium this week
The holiday season is winding down but we don’t want you to be left in the cold with nothing to do. Here are our top 10 reasons to visit the N.C. Aquarium at Fort Fisher this week: