Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Camper Chronicles Week 7/ Day 2




Day two of Animal Keeper camp was a sand-filled fiesta for the summer campers! After playing on the beach all morning, the campers learned how to feed the Aquarium’s animals. This is what they had to say. Enjoy!

Conner, “I went to the beach with my boogie board and my friends, and had a blast! We also got to feed the sea turtles. Being an Aquarist is really fun!”

Kirstyn, “My favorite part of the day was when I got to hold a moon jellyfish. Then after that we fed it to the baby sea turtle. The jellyfish felt really weird. The turtles were cool. I love camp.”

Haley, “My favorite part of the day was going to the beach because we got to boogie board and swim. The water was perfect for swimming in. Luckily I saw a huge fish jump out of the water. “

Remy, “I’m Remy, and today was awesome. My favorite part was watching the cute sea turtles eat. It was funny watching them snap at the food. “

Jacob, “On the second day of keeper’s camp we fed seahorses sea monkeys. Then we cut up fish and squid and fed the puffer fish, turtles, and other fish. We even got a clam shell. To finish off the fun events we painted a rubber fish and printed it on our shirts.”

Chase, “My favorite part of the day was the beach because the surf was crazy.”

Kristin, “My favorite part today is visiting behind the scenes because we got watch Ginger fed the frogs. Another thing I learned is the frogs aren’t really poisonous, it’s because of their food that their poisonous.”

Mady, “My favorite part of the day was when I got to hold a mud snake, and I really want one!!!!!”

Quentin, “My favorite part of the day was at the beach. I love the beach.”

Alex, “I enjoyed feeding the fish!”

Gabrielle, “My favorite part of the day was making t-shirts, holding a snake, and going to the beach. “

Shelby, “My favorite part of the day was going to the beach because there were huge waves. We were constantly being knocked down. “

Andrew, “I loved the beach because I could build sandcastles, swim, and chill out!”

Hannah, “Hello, this is Hannah I touched a snake, an actually snake, how cool! I can’t believe it! That was my favorite part of the day!”

Sarah, “My favorite part of the day was when we touched a moon jellyfish, and then fed it to three sea turtles. “

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry! Your comment will appear shortly.