Thursday, August 6, 2009

Camper Chronicles Week 7/ Day 3


Day three of Animal Keeper camp may have been a bit blustery, but it was worth it! After a canoe trip to Zeke’s Island, the campers went behind the scenes to help Aquarists feed the animals. Here is what they had to say.

Mady, “The most interesting thing I did today was get to see and touch a shark that they just caught in the river. It was so amazing and interesting.”

Conner, “We fed fish, turtles, lizards, and snakes today. We canoed to Zeke’s Island. “

Haley, “The most interesting thing I did today was canoeing because once we got to the island we got to go swimming. In certain spots it was really deep and then sometimes you were on a sandbar. It was awesome.”

Jacob, “Today at keeper’s camp we canoed to Zeke’s Island and played in the water. I caught two hermit crabs and released them. My sister caught three. I also liked shadowing an Aquarist; we fed turtles, frogs, and newts.”

Chase, “The most interesting thing I did today was canoeing because I was with Tom and we beat everyone else to the island. “

Shelby, “The most interesting thing I did today was play with Wilson the duck because he was molting.”

Gabrielle, “My favorite thing about the day was when I saw them carrying in a sandbar shark from the river! It was so cool, and we got to pet it. “

Sarah, “I fed a girl diamond back turtle gelatin stuff and fish bodies. “

Hannah, “An interesting thing I did today was see the first out of five female sharks. It was a sandbar shark.”

Remy, “Remy here. I think the most interesting thing today was Zeke’s Island. What was cool was the swimming; the holes where so deep nobody could touch the bottom. “

Kristen, “The most interesting thing I did today was we saw them carry a sandbar shark in from the river. We also got to pet it.”

Andrew, “I didn’t know that some turtles have long nails.”

Alex, “The most interesting thing that I did was feed a snapping turtle because it was cool.”

Quentin, “The most interesting thing I did today was crab fishing. “

Kirstyn, “Today I saw baby alligators; I fed the amphibians, canoed, and swam in brackish water. I had a wonderful day. I love camp!”

Stay tuned for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry! Your comment will appear shortly.