Monday, August 9, 2010

A Once in a Lifetime Experience!


On the final day of Animal Keeper summer camp the campers reflected on their week’s events. Although the week has come to a close, the campers are taking away thoughts of new valuable knowledge about how to take care of animals and their homes. Here is what they had to say about their time at Aquarium summer camp:


Emily, “This week I learned about Wilson. He is a duck, a cool duck. And that he lives behind the scenes in the conservatory!”


Jonathan, “Today we went to the rocky outcrop and caught fish and invertebrates.”


Courtney, “My favorite part of the week was Wilson the wood duck. He is really cute.”


Christopher, “My favorite part of today was that we found fish, crabs, and horseshoe crabs.”


Kylee, “My favorite thing I learned this week was how to care for all of the birds in the aquarium.”


Kelsey, “My favorite part was when we went to the beach. Erin and I played a game. It was fun!”


Caitlin, “My favorite thing we did this week was feed the hidden hunter fish in the freshwater area.”


Kailey, “My favorite part of the week was when we got to feed the sea nettles and feed mice to the snakes. I learned that snakes swallow their prey whole.”


Laura, “My favorite part was when I got to feed the rays.”


Wade, “I liked the salt marsh because I saw a snowy egret.”


Erin, “My favorite part of the week was feeding sharks on Monday. It was a once in a lifetime experience.”


William, “My favorite activity of the week was feeding moon jellies to the loggerhead sea turtles.”


Maren, “Today is my last day at camp. So… My favorite part of camp was feeding the sharks on Monday. It was really cool!”


Michael, “The best thing I learned this week is that all animals have different ways of living in the wild.”


Maddie, “My favorite thing this week was holding a moon jellyfish. It felt a lot like real jelly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry! Your comment will appear shortly.