Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Campers Feed the Animals!


On the fourth day of Aquarium summer camp the ocean explorers helped feed Aquarium animals. This is what they had to say about their experience:

Corbin, "Today I learned that jellyfish will sometimes lose their stingers. I learned that the Aquarium breeds their own jellyfish."

Marybeth, "Today we went to the beach, then we came back and had lunch. Then we wrote cards and fed the horseshoe crabs."

Alex, "I fed Shad to the catfish, sharks, and Mackeral. I learned that black shark's teeth are fossilized."

Daniel, "Today we fed sharks and catfish! It was awesome! I learned that sharks lose teeth when they eat. It was fun."

Matthew, "Today I learned that you have to be careful when feeding sharks because we got to feed them."

Mary Elizabeth, "Today we fed squid to the stingrays and horseshoe crabs in the touch tank. I learned how to tell a female and a male horseshoe crab apart. Males have little boxing glove pinchers and the girls don't."

Hanz, "I got to feed the stingrays and horseshoe crabs. I learned that horseshoe crabs don't use their pinchers for defense."

Alana, "Today I learned how to feed a stingray."

Katherine, "Today we got to feed the touch tank with the horseshoe crabs and stingrays. The stingrays used their mouths like suction cups to eat, and I learned how to tell a male and female crab apart."

Sophia, "Today I learned how to hold a horseshoe crab."

Charles, "Today I learned that box jellyfish can choose whether or not to sting."

Spencer, "Today we learned that box jellyfish can sting through thin wetsuits and we also got to see the new bonnet head sharks."

Cameron, "Today we went to the beach. We learned that jellyfish can control how they sting their prey. We saw new bonnet head sharks."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry! Your comment will appear shortly.