Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ocean Exporers Blog 4


Whew! What a day! Jellyfish-touching, behind-the-scenes touring, a bit of beach-business (check out those shark teeth), and more) ....

Michael: "My favorite activity was going behind the scenes, because we got to see all the animals." "I learned that a jellyfish's adaptation is its sting."

Emily Grace H.: "Today I learned about jellyfish, and a moon jelly's sting is so small that you can't even feel it."

Alyssa: "I loved the beach and going behind the scenes. I loved finding animals at the beach and learning about the extreme animals in the aquarium." "I enjoyed learning about jellyfish. They sting to paralyze their prey."

Kerrigan: "My favorite activity was going to the beach, because the water was nice and cool." "An extreme animal that I learned about today was a jellyfish. A jellyfish is a type of plankton. That's why it just floats around."

Simon: "My favorite was going to the beach." "The alligator lives in a gator hole."

Emily Grace K.: "I liked going to the beach because I took a nap on the beach." "I learned about moon jellies. They sting but you can't feel it."

Laura: "I liked going behind the scenes and seeing the sharks." "About the turtle: I learned that if the water is too cold they can get cold-stunned."

Mason: "I liked behind the scenes, because we got to see sharks." "The extreme animal I saw today was the jellyfish. Its adaptation is its tentacles."

Sophia: "I liked the beach, because there were good waves." "The extreme animal I learned about was the moon jellyfish. We learned the bell is the top of a jellyfish."

Laura Ellen: " My favorite activity was going to the beach and playing in the water and the sand." "I learned that sharks have a lot of big and sharp teeth to kill other fish or animals for food."

Savannah: "My favorite activity was going behind the scenes, because I got to see a lot of amazing animals." "Jellyfish use their stinging tentacles to stun prey and their feeding tentacles moving it to their mlouths."

Hannah: "I liked going to the beach and finding seashells and shark teeth." "We learned about plankton. Plankton has many different species, and they can turn into different animals."

Erin: "My favorite activity was going behind the scenes and seeing the green sea turtle. The aquarium is holding it 'cause it was cold-stunned. :) " "The extreme animal we learned about was the moon jelly -- we learned how they sting their prey and stuff."

William: "I liked going behind the scenes and seeing fish that other people can't see." "The jellyfish's adaptation is stinging animals and people to protect itself."

Anna: "My favorite activity was LUNCH, because I ate three hot dogs." "Today we learned about jellyfish with stingers that are really small."

ONE MORE DAY TO GO! TUNE IN TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry! Your comment will appear shortly.