Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Camper Chronicles: Day One


Summer camp is under way at the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher, and the kids are all smiles. The second week of camp began on Monday with an inside day full of fun! This year instead of journal time, the Ocean Explorers, ages 10-12, will be guest authors on the blog. Each day they are asked to write a few sentences about their day or experience…we hope you enjoy Camper Chronicles!


Teddy wrote, “Today I saw the coolest thing. In the conservatory there is an Albino Alligator.”


Maddie wrote, “The funniest thing that happened to me today was when we went to meet Wilson the Wood Duck. I was kind of scared when she told us that we were going to be feeding him. I was sitting down and suddenly he ran at me and chased me.”


Ben wrote, “What I think about summer camp. I really like it here at summer, especially Luna the Albino Alligator.”


Melissa wrote, “My favorite activity in summer camp was when we met Wilson the Wood Duck. He ate out of my hand and pecked me! It was so funny!”


Rachel wrote, “The funniest thing that happened today was when we went blue crab fishing at the saltwater marsh. When I was pulling in the rig I fell forward, but I put my hands forward before I landed in the mud. The mud was so black that it could be ink.”


Spencer wrote, “The best thing that happened today was having popsicles.”


Max wrote, “On the first day of camp I saw many amazing animals. My two favorites were Luna the albino alligator, and Wilson the Wood Duck. We got a sticker from Luna, and we got to feed Wilson out of our hands.”


Stay tuned for more fun filled quotes written by the Ocean Explorers on the Camper Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry! Your comment will appear shortly.